Enosis Philoptochos Society - Officers & Board of Directors 2017-2019
President - JoAnn Ballassi
V.P. Marcia Wenzel
Secretary - Julie Vangel
Corresponding Sec. - Dora Georgeady
Treasurer - Penny Maistros
Asst. Treasurer - Marianne Semon
Advisor - Mary Peteros
Board Members - Helen Bousios, Thelma Hunter, Alice Poulios, Paulette Sferrazza, Tamam Smith,Irene Synodi
Meeting dates are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month in the Vallas Building
Outreach projects -
1. Cook & serve at 2 Soup Kitchens
2. Host at least 6 Sunday fellowships- Go Red Sunday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Graduation Sunday, Dormition of the Theotokos, Saints Cosmas & Damien(Nov. 1, Patron Saints of Philoptochos)
3. College Outreach - send gift packs and cards to our college students.
4. Prepare Health Kits for the New London Hospitality Center, or IOCC. Last Year we sent over 400 Health Kits to the flood victims in Texas. This year we will be sending them for the fires in Greece & Calif. and/or the flood victims in the Carolinas.
5. Serve the Makarias( for families who use our Hellenic Center for the Makaria.)
6 .We do a special outreach project every year during Lent -usually something for children.
7. In Charge of Most of the Holy week Activities - Making the Palm Crosses, Preparing and serving the Palm Sunday Luncheon, Dying & Wrapping the Easter eggs, Decorating the Kouvouklion, Baking the tsourekia and helping with the Agape Meal after the Resurrection Service.
8. Chairing or co-chairing most of the luncheons and other major events -1. Vasilopita Brunch, baking the vasilopites 2. 75th anniversary of St. Sophia - Philoptochos was in charge of 3 major events - the Kick-off event, the luncheon, and the dinner/dance, 3. Fr. Dean's 20th & 25th Anniversary being a priest and other major church celebrations
9. Angel Tree - Christmas Outreach - gifts to needy children and adults usually gifts are given to " Care& Share", "Safe Futures", or some other group that does the distributing.
10. Chair the pastry baking and the pastry booth for the festival, all women of the community are asked to help.